Seedlings and Flowers Nursery School PTY LTD Privacy Notice
At Seedlings and Flowers nursery school we are serious about making sure that your personal information is protected. We have ensured that we are compliant with the implementation of the POPI Act 4 of 2013 that comes into effect on 1st of July 2021
Who we are:
We are an academic institution whose aim is to provide exceptional care and education for pupils within the nursery school sector
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information (not limited to):
· Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
· Invoices and payments
· Parent / school correspondence
· Pupil contracts
· Parent identification documents
· Pupil birth certificates and immunisation records
· Perspective parent information and contact details
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
· For pupil records
· For parent records and contact information
· For admin and accounting purposes
· For school promotions
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
· Provide correct care to the pupils and families within our school
· Contact the parents if needed
We may share this information with:
· Our school administrators such as the school accountants, bookkeepers, tax practitioners and collection services such as accountability
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
· The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
· The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
· The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
· The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
· The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
· The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored: On site in a secure environment hard copy and digitally as well as stored off site in a secure backup system with our accounting software provider.
We keep your information for a set period of times in compliance with legislation. We will then dispose your information by correct manual disposal.
Your data protection rights:
· You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to Seedlings and Flowers nursery school email@example.com We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in terms of Condition 8 of POPIA.
· You may also request seedlings and Flowers nursery school to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Seedlings and Flowers nursery school will undertake as soon as practicable.
· Request the destruction of your personal data. Jess De Bruijn will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting seedlings and Flowers nursery school from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Name: Seedlings and Flowers nursery school
Address: 17 Keurboom st Sundowner
Phone Number: 011 7946410
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Seedlings and Flowers nursery school email@example.com
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za